MURCOM Facility - Tulsa, OK
MURCOM's Tulsa based Colocation facilities provide technically
sophisticated clients with unsurpassed network
reliability at wholesale prices. By colocating with MURCOM, you'll enjoy high speed access and high network availability.
Tulsa based MURCOM offers colo space from 1U of rackspace, half racks,
full racks, custom caged
areas, or custom built
high security mini data centers.
MURCOM's Internet Data Center is located in the ONEOK plaza building in
downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma. ONEOK is a class A facility that has
become one of Tulsa's most popular facilities for Telecommunications
Carriers. By locating our facilities in ONEOK we are able to
directly connect to Verizon/MCI, Level3/WilTel, Time Warner/Xspedius, SBC, Cox, and others with less
than 400 feet of cable. By eliminating local loops, MURCOM's
reliability is increased by over 80%.
MURCOM core network utilizes Dual Chilled Water cooling units with 42
degree water supplied by TRIGEN. ONEOK also uses TRIGEN chilled
water systems as their primary cooling system and ONEOK also has its own
chilled water system as a secondary backup.
MURCOM's electrical power has a number of fail safe systems
and designs. First, to avoid downed power lines, the facility is
feed by underground electrical cables. These power lines are feed by
one of two AEP substations that supply power for the downtown area.
Second, MURCOM uses multiple rack based UPS systems so that no single UPS
failure will cause a network outage. Third, we have an on-site
electrical generator to support our primary network infrastructure and
client severs in case of extended power failures.
MURCOM has a primary 480V power feed that is stepped down to 120/208
for general server use. Contact us for a custom quote if you need
ONEOK Plaza security provides the majority of MURCOM's Data Center
- Biometric Fingerprint Door locks provide 24 hour access
- 24 hour manned security provided and supplemented with video
security throughout the lobby, tunnel, and at key points in the parking
- Minimum of 2 on-site security guards, 24 hours a day, 365 days a
- Dual generators for auxiliary lighting and minimum life support
- A heat-sensitive sprinkler system throughout the building
- Card-key access to the building for personal safety after hours
- State of the art, card key, proximity access control systems are
installed on all common areas
- Card-key access required in elevators after hours
- Within our facility, each APC cabinet has user defined combination
lock on front and back doors
- High Speed: MURCOM has a 155MBs OC3 direct fiber optic
Carrier Internet Connection & a 45MBs DS3 Carrier Internet Connection. High speed and low latency.
- High reliability: No local loops and redundant Carriers
equates to 100% network availability
- Unlimited Bandwidth Usage: Pick your speed, use all you want
- Pure Bandwidth: No dial-up, DSL, or other access to dilute
- No Bandwidth Oversubscription: Pay for 10MBs, you get 10MBs
- Redundant Carriers: Facilities bandwidth provided by two Tier
- Carrier Cross Connects: Over 100 fiber, coax, and copper
pairs installed, terminated, tested and available to multiple Carriers
- No Local Loops: Less than 400 feet of cable to any Carrier's
- Backup Generator Power: Multiple UPSs plus on-site diesel power
- Power Range: 110, 208, and 480 Volt power available
- Redundant Cooling: Dual cooling units
- SDT Floors: New technology Static Dissipative Tile flooring
- APC NetShelter VX 47U Cabinets: 47U high and 42 inches deep
allows for newer, deep depth rack-mount servers
- Metered PDUs: Digital power display on Power Distribution
- Manned Security: 24 Hour manned security, 365 days a year
- Video Security: Over 40 cameras monitored by Manned Security
record 24 Hours a day on Digital Video Recorders in and around MURCOM
- Accessibility: 24 Hour access to your equipment
- Biometric Door Locks: Fingerprint activated locks control
access to both MURCOM facilities
- Dock Level: New facility at dock level enables forklift
deliveries from truck to facility
- Freedom of Choice: Use Microsoft, Apple, Linux, Dell, IBM,
HP, or any OS or hardware that meets your requirements.
- Easy Growth Path: Grow from 1U to 10 racks if needed
- 100% Customer Satisfaction: In a recent independent customer
survey 100% of our polled clients gave us 5 out of 5 stars for overall
- Non Compete: We do not offer web hosting services that would
compete with our clients
- Business Stability: 12 Consecutive Years of Internet services
- Tulsa Based: If your equipment needs to be in Tulsa, it is
The list above highlight key points from MURCOM's two Data Centers. Tulsa based MURCOM offers colo space from 1U of rackspace, half racks,
full racks, custom caged
areas, or custom built
high security mini data centers. By colocating your equipment in MURCOM's Internet Data
Center, you'll enjoy high speed access and high network availability.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does MURCOM charge to provide colo?
A: We have a number of typical packages on our
Colocation page. If these
packages do not suite your application, we will provide a custom quote
for any colo configuration you request.
What if I need custom racks for my equipment?
A: We will allow you to supply the racks or we will buy and install the
racks that you specify. Custom pricing would apply.
Does MURCOM provide the servers?
A: No. We give our colo clients the Freedom of Choice to use any
OS, any Server, any type of equipment that best suits their needs.
We'll provide you with colo space and bandwidth of unsurpassed quality.
You provide the hardware and software of your choice.
Q: What if I want to colo a server with quad processors and tera
bytes of RAID disks? Do you charge more if I use powerful servers?
A: No & Yes. Unlike other colo providers that may charge you a
higher fee if you have a server with more RAM or RAID, we charge by the
amount of rack space and electrical power the server uses, not by
the computing capacity of the server. We charge the same price for
a 1U Celeron server with 128Meg and 20 Gig Drive as we do for a 1U Dual
3Mhz Xeon with 4Gigs of RAM and 500Gig of RAID Drives. The rack space
and bandwidth would be the same but you would probably have to pay an
extra $34 for the additional electrical power required for the more
powerful server. If you need to colo small or monster servers,
MURCOM probably will save you money over the other providers. A
number of MURCOM clients have recently upgraded their servers to more powerful
yet smaller servers and have saved monthly colo fees by doing this.
Q: Does MURCOM
provide any server administrative support?
A: Yes. Your colo service includes remote hands of our techs.
They will assist you remotely if you need simple things such as a reboot,
moving a network cable, or some other simple function. MURCOM techs
do not offer hardware replacement, installation, or software installation
Q: Are your facilities really in Tulsa, Oklahoma?
A: Yes. Unlike other companies that you may find when you search
with "Tulsa Colocation", MURCOM is located in Tulsa. Most of
the others that you may find do not have facilities in Tulsa or even in
Oklahoma. If you need access to your equipment in Tulsa, it is