Tulsa Web Hosting Services
MURCOM's Tulsa based Colocation facilities are great for Web Hosting
Companies. MURCOM does not directly offer Web Hosting Services, we
provide the foundation services for businesses that provide Web Hosting
Services. Many of our clients run their own web servers providing them
complete control over their own e-commerce or Web Hosting Services
Jackson Technical Tulsa, Oklahoma
"We have been a MURCOM colo client
for over six years. MURCOM's facilities allow us to use the
servers, operating systems, and applications that best suite our
requirements and the needs of our clients. Our
web hosting clients get high reliability and competitive prices
because MURCOM allows us to keep our costs down while providing
unsurpassed network reliability."
By colocating your Web Servers in MURCOM's Internet Data Center, you'll
enjoy high speed access and high network availability.
MURCOM's Colocation Services are ideal for Web Hosting
companies for a number of reasons.
- High Speed: MURCOM has a 155MBs OC3 direct fiber optic
Carrier Internet Connection & a 45MBs DS3 Carrier Internet Connection. High speed and low latency.
- High reliability: No local loops and redundant Carriers
equates to 100% network availability
- Unlimited Bandwidth Usage: Pick your speed, use all you want
- Pure Bandwidth: No dial-up, DSL, or other access to dilute
- No Bandwidth Oversubscription: Pay for 10MBs, you get 10MBs
- Redundant Carriers: Facilities bandwidth provided by two Tier
- Carrier Cross Connects: Over 100 fiber, coax, and copper
pairs installed, terminated, tested and available to multiple Carriers
- No Local Loops: Less than 400 feet of cable to any Carrier's
- Backup Generator Power: Multiple UPSs plus on-site diesel power
- Power Range: 110, 208, and 480 Volt power available
- Redundant Cooling: Dual cooling units
- SDT Floors: New technology Static Dissipative Tile flooring
- APC NetShelter VX 47U Cabinets: 47U high and 42 inches deep
allows for newer, deep depth rack-mount servers
- Metered PDUs: Digital power display on Power Distribution
- Manned Security: 24 Hour manned security, 365 days a year
- Video Security: Over 40 cameras monitored by Manned Security
record 24 Hours a day on Digital Video Recorders in and around MURCOM
- Accessibility: 24 Hour access to your equipment
- Biometric Door Locks: Fingerprint activated locks control
access to both MURCOM facilities
- Dock Level: New facility at dock level enables forklift
deliveries from truck to facility
- Freedom of Choice: Use Microsoft, Apple, Linux, Dell, IBM,
HP, or any OS or hardware that meets your requirements.
- Easy Growth Path: Grow from 1U to 10 racks if needed
- 100% Customer Satisfaction: In a recent independent customer
survey 100% of our polled clients gave us 5 out of 5 stars for overall
- Non Compete: We do not offer web hosting services that would
compete with our clients
- Business Stability: 12 Consecutive Years of Internet services
- Tulsa Based: If your equipment needs to be in Tulsa, it is
The list above highlight key points from MURCOM's two Data Centers. Tulsa based MURCOM offers colo space from 1U of rackspace, half racks,
full racks, custom caged
areas, or custom built
high security mini data centers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why doesn't MURCOM directly offer web hosting?
A: The majority of MURCOM's clients are web design and web hosting
companies. MURCOM believes the more successful our clients are, the
more successful we are. Although most colo providers offer web
hosting services that compete with their clients, MURCOM provides a
symbiotic environment for our web hosting clients. MURCOM customers
grow stronger if we help their business grow by not competing with them.
Q: Who do you recommend for web hosting services?
A: MURCOM recommends that you use one of these customers that colocate
What does MURCOM charge to provide colo for web servers?
A: We have a number of typical packages on our
Colocation page. If these
packages do not suite your application, we will provide a custom quote
for any colo configuration you request.
Does MURCOM provide the servers?
A: No. We give our colo clients the Freedom of Choice to use any
OS, any Server, any type of equipment that best suits their needs.
We'll provide you with colo space and bandwidth of unsurpassed quality.
You provide the hardware and software of your choice.
Q: What if I want to colo a server with quad processors and tera
bytes of RAID disks? Do you charge more if I use powerful servers?
A: No & Yes. Unlike other colo providers that may charge you a
higher fee if you have a server with more RAM or RAID, we charge by the
amount of space, electrical power, and bandwidth the server uses, not by
the computing capacity of the server. We charge the same price for
a 1U Celeron server with 128Meg and 20 Gig Drive as we do for a 1U Dual
3Mhz Xeon with 4Gigs of RAM and 500Gig of RAID Drives. The space
and bandwidth would be the same but you would probably have to pay an
extra $34 for the additional electrical power required for the more
powerful server. If you need to colo small or monster servers,
MURCOM probably will save you money over the other providers. A
number of clients have recently upgraded their servers to more powerful
yet smaller servers and have saved monthly colo fees by doing this.
Q: Does MURCOM
provide any server administrative support?
A: Yes. Your colo service includes remote hands of our techs.
They will assist you remotely if you need simple things such as a reboot,
moving a network cable, or some other simple function. MURCOM techs
do not offer hardware replacement, installation, or software installation
Q: Are your facilities really in Tulsa, Oklahoma?
A: Yes. Unlike other companies that you may find when you search
with "Tulsa Colocation", MURCOM is located in Tulsa. Most of
the others that you may find do not have facilities in Tulsa or even in
Oklahoma. If you need access to your equipment in Tulsa, it is